Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Journaling Bible: Proverbs 23:7

I hope your weekend has been a blessed one! This morning in church, we had the pleasure of hearing a message from my sister in law, Elizabeth. She has been singing and preaching God's word for many years now and has such a gift for this. 

This morning she spoke from several chapters of the Bible, but this one stuck with me:

PROVERBS 23:7  
"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." 

I love reading the bible, and hearing verses, and thinking, 
"How can I apply this to my life? 
How does this pertain to my life?"  

For many months now, I've taken a different approach at life. In order to have peace and well being, I have told myself to stay away from negativity, from drama, for evil doers, from gossipers. It's NOT always easy, but it's something I TRY  to do. 
And for me...it WORKS. I feel so much better. I'm less stressed. 

I have the thinking of: if it doesn't hurt me or concern me...than I DON'T CARE! It's not that I don't care for my loved ones or people, I just don't care of the nonsense. I don't care to be brought down by negativity, I don't care to be discouraged because they choose a different walk in life, I don't care to be hurt or angry about something I can't control. And I have to keep reminding myself..everyday....For what I think in my heart, makes me who I am. 


This entry isn't anything spectacular, only because I kept thinking of this verse, and how it applies to my life. I was doing this, more than thinking, "how can I make this page beautiful." 


Here are the supplies I used. Its stuff that I have, no special purchases. My bible is a NSV Journaling Bible by Crossway.

Have a wonderful Sunday evening!!!!

No comments: