Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, January 18, 2016

Be Creative Everyday! a DIY Tutorial

This has been my theme for this 3 day weekend. Every day since Saturday, I have tried to make something. Whether it was a big project or a small one, I was creating something everyday

Today's project was made by using things in my stash. I have been meaning to purge my craft room and what better way to purge, then by crafting while I'm purging!!! It's alot more fun this way!

Today I created this wreath out of book pages!! And I cannot take credit for the idea. I actually saw something like this on Pinterest, she used a grapevine wreath, but I used what I had.


I started out with these items: a Styrofoam wreath, some ribbon, 3 old books I purchased at a yard sale a year ago! (I only used a fraction of these book pages, so I have plenty left for more future projects) and a stick of lip gloss. Lip gloss you ask?? Yes! And believe me, it wasn't so I could look pretty while crafting! LOL 


I started out by using a paper trimmer to trim my pages so they were in the shape of a square. No measuring, I just "eye-balled" it. 


Here's where the lip gloss comes into play!  I wrapped a page around my lip gloss and sorta squeezed it on there.


I applied some hot glue to my wreath:


And stuck the page on using my lip gloss to hold it down a few seconds. No burned fingers here!!!


I did this all the way around the top, worked along the edges and along the center. 
And yes, I did this on my kitchen counter!!! I was multi-tasking. I made lunch while I was crafting!

I continued to glue on book pages until it was completely full and pleasing to my eyes!

I used some of the left over scraps to cover the back of my wreath. 



I ended up using a flower I found later on in the day. I purchased this at Hobby Lobby about a year ago. Yep, I was hoarding it!
The burlap wired ribbon was a piece left over from another project. You see, I don't throw much away! And that pretty lace was actually part of the wrapping on a Christmas gift this past year. 



So this whole project just really cost me some time. If I had to put a price on it, I'd say less than $5!

Have a wonderful week!!! I'm gonna go scour my craft room and see what I can create next!

1 comment:

a disciple of Jesus said...

It is beautiful.