Cutest Blog on the Block

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Denim Bag and Quilt Scraps

This is what I had to work with today:

A larger denim tote bag that was given to me about 2 years ago! And a quilt that has been much loved and cut into...my Mom found this at a thrift store for $2.

After thinking for a few minutes..and drinking a glass of sweet tea..
I decided to make this!


For my owl pattern, I simply drew out an owl figure onto some old newspaper. I then pinned it onto my quilt piece and cut it out.
 For the eyes, I used some plain cotton fabric and cut the circles using my Spellbinders dies and my Cuttlebug.  The triangle nose was cut free hand.

Pretty simple deal. And took less than an hour to put together. My kind of craft!

Linking this to:

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful Thursday!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

This is awesome,love the way your created the owl from the quilt scraps and sewed it onto the denim bag to create your own one of a kind bag. Very cool!!!

Shirley said...

This is fabulous and you've got enough quilt scraps to do some more creating. I love your owl. Be prepared, because everyone that sees it is going to want one.

Sassy Cheryl said...

What an ADORABLE denim tote. . . . .and that owl is super cute!
Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday this week.